- The JPG selective quality feature now shows the compressed image in its preview area so you will better know where to adjust the brightness quality.
Added the current scaling value to the preview area (next to the headlines "Result" and "Original"). Only visible if you have an image larger than 100% of the viewport.
- Added the preprocessing option "Size in %" for JPG and PNG compression.
- Fixed the Photoshop JSX script which did not work after a server update.
- Added the article "Finally understanding JPG". If you always wanted to know how the JPG compression works under the hood I want to recommend you this article that is reasonable for every level of understanding.
- Added the legendary "Selective quality" for JPGs as brought into prominence by Adobe/Macromedia Fireworks.
- New GUI with new upload possibilities. New JPG quantization tables.
- Added the new GIF compressor. Fixed a bug that offered a JPG mask too often.
- Fixed a bug that prevented transparent JPGs from being generated if the input PNG was a b/w image.
- Added a new button "Copy data URI" to copy the base64 encoded data URI into the clipboard as long as the filesize is below 50 kB. Useful for all the web developers out there.
- Lowered the processing time of the OBJ compressor a lot. The OBMLoader JS file is now also a bit smaller.
- Brand new OBJ compressor. If you want to use OBJ files in a web environment use this compressor to minify the files.
Try this example model.
- For 8 bit PNGs you can now specify the amount of colors.
- Fixed a bug with embedded color profiles. Colors are now accurately converted.
- Added a new version of the Photoshop script which now includes a version check. So you get a message if your script is outdated.
- Raised upload limit to 2 MiB.